Monday, September 21, 2009

Carcassone to Tarragona 10th Sept




It had been a cold night and the 2 blankets were used. Woke before the alarm again!! Jill and Dave came round they were all ready to go off to the coast and them to a pop concert on Saturday night. We were away by 11 am. I had planned a 240mile journey, because on the motorways we had cruised at 60 mph yesterday I thought we could make Tarragona or very near. We had a firight because we ran short of petrol in Spain. The Spanish motorways don't provide services nearly as often as we get in France or the UK , still it was pleasant to find I was paying 1.07e rather than the 1.40e in France, per litre. We arrived at a petrol station and put 50.7 litres into the tank, which is a bit frightening if you know we only have a 49 litre tank!!
We found a nice site with direct access to the beach although access was under a tunnel. Nicky took Sophie for a sniff of the sea. The beach is 7 km long. The weather mild at 26deg, but I quite like the cool.
We went to find the 'old town' as mentioned camp site info and map, we found the streets , but there was no life, no cafes, no bars, nothing. I said best to drive round and get lost something would turn up. It did: the entrance to the camp site!! So we went to the camp bar. It is now 11.30 and the Spanish families are just in the middle or finishing their evening meal. Lots of moise and kids and so on -- Life!!. I ordered a glass of wine got 175ml glass 80cents!! Why did we leave Spain?? Tha would be 3 euros in France or Italy!! No I'm not a wannabe alcoholic, I just don't like paying the same price for a glass in a bar as I would pay for a whole bottle in the shop next door.

No comments:

Post a Comment